Friday, December 30, 2011

Easy, yummy dip for your NYE get together

I want to share a super easy, super yummy dip/spread I made for my Christmas party this year.  This is an adaptation of a recipe I found in one of those little cookbooks they sell at the check out line at the grocery store.  I tend to like to change things up.  Can never leave well enough alone!  It ended up ok.  There was none left at the end of the night.  Here's what you'll need:

1 brick of cream cheese
1/2 cup peach preserves
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, deveined and minced
1 sweet red pepper, seeded deveined and minced
Crushed black pepper

Put your preserves in a microwave safe dish and nuke for 30 - 60 seconds.  You want the jelly to be melted and easy to stir.  Add your minced peppers and about 8 turns from your pepper mill.  Stir to mix well.  Dump it over top of your cream cheese.  Done.

I had several different types of crackers out and there didn't seem to be a preference.  I will say, however, that the nice combination between spicy and sweet even made my gluten free crackers taste good!  I'm going to whip a bit up for a New Years Eve party I'm going to tomorrow because everybody needs some creamy, spicy, sweet goodness to ring in the new year!

**Note on the sweet red pepper.  I'm not talking about using a big ol bell pepper.  Sweet red peppers are generally about the same size as a jalapeno, sometimes a little larger.  If you can't find them at your local grocery store, try another variety of small, sweet pepper. Don't be afraid to ask your produce manager for suggestions.  I find that the larger bell peppers have a little bitter flavor that doesn't pair well with the peach.

No comments: