Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Since I didn't get a white Christmas

I decided to grab my brayer and create a background that reminds me of present day Chicago.  Blue-gray skies, a few sparkles at the tips of the trees, but no snow.  It's kinda crazy if you ask me.  I remember as a kid, we'd be wearing snow pants to school by Thanksgiving and Christmas break was spent building snowmen and riding sleds.  We haven't had a winter start off that way in quite some time.  I suppose I shouldn't complain because as soon as it hits, I'll be the first one to complain!

I haven't used my brayer to do a background for ages.   Since the sky is so gloomy, I made my background match the outside with a little Bashful Blue, Sahara Sand, and a little Night of Navy.  The trees from Lovely As A Tree are stamped in Always Artichoke Craft Ink and embossed with clear embossing powder to give them a little pop.  Finally, even though you can't see it in this photo so well, all of the trees are dotted with Dazzling Diamonds and there are some litte mounds of ice in all that white space.

Now, I'll never admit this to anyone out loud but, I'm kind of hoping we get a little snow sometime soon.  We've missed the Christmas window but maybe we can see some beautiful winter wonderland sometime soon.  Afterall, nature makes wonderful inspiration for art!

No comments: