Saturday, January 7, 2012

Let it snow already!!

It was 60 degrees in Chicago yesterday on the 6th of January.  Seriously? Don't get me wrong.  If this is the worst of the winter, I'm all for it.  But being that I've lived here most of my life, I know darn good and well, we're going to get smacked...hard.  I just really just wish Mother Nature would just get on with it.  So in the meantime, I use Stampin' Up! to help will on the snow and real winter weather.

Shaker Frames (124155) were introduced in the 2011 Holiday Mini Catalog.  I love them.  I think they're pretty nifty.  They are double sided foam adheisve circles that allow you to make neat little shakers like the one pictured on the right.  Cover with a window sheet and fill with your favorite shakey stuff - glittler, beads, buttons.  The sky is the limit!  I wonder if I just sit here and shake this little snow globe enough the sky might actually open up and blanket my yard with a layer of white??

Materials
Stamps - Sweet Snowglobe (120868)
Card Stock - Whisper White, Marina Mist
Ink - Versa Mark, Marina Mist Classic Ink
Accessories - Shaker Frames, 1-3/4" Circle Punch, Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder, Window Sheet, Mica Flakes (Retired), Big Shot, Northern Flurry Textured Impressions Embossing Folder

No comments: