Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Valentine Punch Art Anybody?

Anyone who has stamped with me for any length of time knows there are two holidays I just don't stamp for...Halloween and Valentines' Day.  I have nothing against Halloween. It's one of my favorites, actually. I think my issue is that by the time October rolls around, I'm so entrenched in Christmas there's just not time for ghosts and pumpkins.  Valentines' Day is another issue entirely.  I'm a lot like Cupid's Scrooge.  "Bah Humbug," I say to hearts and love and all that nonsense.  Shouldn't we be celebrating the people we love all through the year instead of on one miserable day when you can't find a seat in the movies and the only restaurant with an available seat is the run down little neighborhood shack with questionable sanitation practices?  Come on, folks! You can find heart shaped boxes of chocolate and roses by the dozen in April, August, and November, too!  However...

It's the New Year and I've decided to branch out and try something new...conformity!  Yes, it's happening.  I'm stamping for Valentines' Day this year!!  Full disclosure, I'm stamping for V-Day with an ulterior motive.  In several of my classes and clubs lately, we've talked about getting a new punch art class on the calendar.  So, I combine conformity and customer interest to give you Punch Me Out, Valentine!

Punch Me Out, Valentine will teach you how to make 6 adorable punch art "creatures" all from current Stampin' Up! punches, dies and colors.  Each punch creation will be used to create a unique project with a Valentines' Day theme.  No, the world hasn't stopped spinning. It's really happening!

Sunday, January 29
Starting promptly at Noon
Plan to spend 4 hours in this class
Cost - $20 for Korner Klub Members (hostess or fully paid technique klubs), $24 for all others
Please bring - Liquid glue (Tombo Mono Multi Adhesive recommended), Paper Snips, and rested hands!
RSVP no later than January 24
Register on my Meetup page here --> http://www.meetup.com/kellistamps4u/events/46538762/
  or by sending me an email

No comments: