Thursday, March 1, 2012

Follow the rainbow

One of the things I love about being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator is having access to an awesome website called Stampin' Connection.  Similar to many other online photo blogs about stamping, the projects posted on Stampin' Connection are all Stampin' Up! all the time and it's only accessible to active demonstrators.  I am so often inspired by the beautiful cards and scrapbook pages that I see on this site.  This card, for instance, totally 100% inspired by a card posted by Lisa Kirishian.  I changed the colors a tad, added a couple additional mats, and outlined the little guy with a Bashful Blue marker to help him stand out a little more.  Click on the picture for a larger view.

Gnome Sweet Gnome is a stamp set found in the Occasions Mini Catalog.  I'll be honest.  When I saw it, I wasn't 100% sure what I would do with it.  I think this St. Patrick's Day card is an excellent answer.  We made this card during one of my February hostess club meetings.  Great way to get ready for St. Pat's day...being the big card giving occasion it is :)

Stamp Set - Gnome Sweet Gnome, Sincere Salutations
Card Stock - Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise, Lucky Limeaid, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper (Stacks) - Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeaid, Tempting Turquoise, Wisteria Wonder
Ink - Black Stazon
Stampin' Write Markers - Lucky Limeaid, Tangerine Tango, Basic Black, Sahara Sand, Bashful Blue, Blush Blossom
Accessories - Small Heart Punch

No comments: