Thursday, May 29, 2014

Scribble on your stamp blocks!

To spray or not to spray, that was this morning's question.  I was up at an obscene hour this morning. I got woken up and just couldn't go back to sleep. I took the opportunity to head down into my stamp room and get crafty.

I enjoy stamping and creating unique backgrounds. Today I decided to use my stamp blocks to create a splotchy, watercolor background.  It's fun, colorful and EASY to do with your Stampin' Write markers.

The process is really quite simple. Grab a stamp block, any size, and your favorite Stampin' Write marker.  Scribble.  Now comes the decision point, to spray or not to spray.  In the card photo, the card on the left was not sprayed...scribble, stamp, next. For the card on the right, the block was spritzed with water...scribble, spray, stamp, next.  Totally simple, right?  I don't think one is any better or worse than the other but more a matter of preference.

The stamp set used here is Another Thank You, a new photopolymer set available in the 2014-2015 Idea Book and Catalog. My colors (that I picked to wake myself up) are Island Indigo, Rose Red, Crushed Curry and Elegant Eggplant.  Go scribble on your stamp blocks. It's fun!

No comments: