Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Welcome Claire 12"x12" Framed Picture

I'm an auntie again!  My sister and her husband welcomed little Miss Claire Olivia to their family on May 22.  I'm over the moon in love with her precious little face!  She's the first girl in our family. I'm feeling a whole lot of spoiling going on :)

I held off on buying too much frilly pink baby gear before Claire was born. I knew once I started I wouldn't stop! But, everybody is sending cute little outfits.  Auntie needed to delivery something unique. Pinterest here I come! Totally inspired by many pins (visit my Stampin' Up! board) I came up with this awesome 12"x12" framed print.  My sister is using Wisteria Wonder (my favorite SU! color) to make her announcements and the baby's layette is lavender themed. I found some Afternoon Picnic DSP and went to town. I fell in love with the bird element and the L"ove" square I found on Pinterest so they made their way into our project.  Butterflies (my signature element), flowers and hearts make up the rest.

My measurements = Individual Square Mats (Basic Gray) - 3.5" square
Designer Series Paper - 3.375" square
Alphabet - 3" high
Outside squares are placed .5" away from the edge with .25" between the inside squares.

I'm kind of thinking I want to make one of these for myself! Good thing the frames were buy one, get one free...I've got one waiting for me! Class, maybe??

No comments: