Sunday, December 14, 2014

Little things make a difference

Sometimes it's the little things that make all the difference.  I'm playing with a gorgeous stamp set from the upcoming Sale-A-Bration catalog today called Lotus Blossom.  I'm in L.O.V.E!  It's a 2-step stamp set that adds layers of petals in multiple colors to create these brilliant flowers.  My flowers are a combination of Island Indigo and Pool Party (right) with Elegant Eggplant and Wisteria Wonder (left) with the stems in Garden Green and Wild Wasabi.  Gorgeous.  Love it!

What I really love, however, is a little step up I used to create this card.  I employed some Stampin' Spritzers to add just a little touch of color to the background.  It's not a stark contrast but it makes a definite impact to the design.  Check it out.

The image on the left has no spritz.  It's just a plain ol' white background.  The image on the right has been spritzed with Wild Wasabi on the bottom and some Pool Party on the top.  It's not a lot but that little bit really does make a nice difference to the background, right?

The process is simple.  Add a few drops of reinker to your Stampin' Spritzer. I tend to use 4-6 drops depending on how deep I want the coloring. Add rubbing alcohol to your spritzer. I usually go about half way.  Give it a little shake and spritz spritz spritz.  A nice little extra to add to your cards.

Grab your Stampin' Spritzers and give them some love?  Don't have any?  I can hook you up!  Sale-A-Bration starts January 6.  With a $50 purchase, you can get the beautiful Lotus Blossom stamp set for FREE!!  Click the SHOP NOW link above to start shopping!

Happy Stampin'!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Can you tell me what stamp set you got the leaf from to add to this Lotus flower? Thanks,
Linda
lindasnyder943@gmail.com

Kelli Waters said...

It's from Painted Petals http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=137146&dbwsdemoid=2047137